Historic pandemic, COVID 19, has made clear that a network of clean, safe and accessible public toilets is fundamentally a public health issue. It is time for all of us to advocate for a network of public toilets, to include running water and soap for handwashing.
Ottawa public porta-potties
- Linda Thom Park Harvard x Warington
- Shenkman Arts Centre Royal 22e Regiment Park
- 1500 Shea Road Cardel Recreation Centre Parking
- Somerset West Community Health Care Centre 55 Eccles
- 574 Bank Street at Chamberlain
- 282 Bank at Cooper
- Two units: 186 Bank at Gloucester Sabrina Bank St (going to be relocated to another area on Bank but the final location has not been confirmed at this time.
- 172 Gigues at the Routhier Community Centre
- 120 Lisgar (unit is off Elgin)
Additional bathroom and hygiene support:
Open on weekdays from 9:30 am to 4 pm to provide shower/ washroom access to people who are experiencing homelessness or who are precariously housed.
City staff is on-site with information on available social programs and services.
Vanier Community Service Centre
The city task force is working to re-open services while also respecting physical distancing guidelines, including free temporary washroom access.
Shower and washroom facilities to individuals in Lowertown. Open 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday to Friday.